These instructions show you how to run the Species List by Geography Report
How to run the Species List by Geography Report
This report will display a list of species in the selected or drawn geography for the layer(s) the repor is run on.
The report will run on any Presence, Not-Detected, and treatment layers turned on in the legend. Hexes return confirmed records only. To see unconfirmed layers, turn on that layer.
Step 1: Turn on any layers you would like to report on. This report will run on any Presence, Not-Detected, and Treatment layers turned on in the map. If no layers are turned on, the report will not run.
Step 2: Open the Export/Report Tool via the buttons on the top of the Map
Step 3: Switch the Toggle switch to "Run Report" and select "Species List by Geography" from the dropdown list.
Step 3: Define the parameters for your report
- If you would like to give the report a unique name, enter it in Name for Report. This will print at the top of the report
- Define or select the Boundary for your Report.
- To draw your boundary on the map, begin drawing and double-click to complete the polygon
- To use an Existing Geography as your boundary, select Use Existing Geography
- Select the layer you would like to use as y our geographic boundary from the dropdown list.
- Select your shape on the map that you would like to query within. The shape will highlight on the map. You can choose to Redraw, Buffer, or Edit the shape. Once you are satisfied with your shape, hit "Next".
- If you would like to include a map snapshot in the report, click "Add a Map Snapshot to the Report"
- Zoom to the Area you would like included in the report and click the "Add a Map Snapshot to the Report" button.
- A preview of the map snapshot will appear in the box. You can change the zoom level and update the snapshot by clicking "Update the Current Map Snapshot". You can also "Remove map Snapshot" if you no longer want to include a map. Once you are happy with your snapshot, hit Next.
- If your data was filtered, you can choose to ignore the filter or use the filter. Once you are satisfied with your parameters, hit "Run Report".
- You will receive a "Generating Report" message. Hit "Okay"
- When the report is ready, you will receive a message telling you your Report file is ready to download.
- Your report will open up in a new tab and from here you can print it or save it as a PDF. See the attached report for a sample output.